Tuesday, October 2, 2012

James and Maria's Wedding Part 1

I am FINALLY getting to James and Maria's wedding from September 8th! The day after James and Maria's Rehearsal/Rehearsal Dinner, we found ourselves back at the church for their wedding day! Their was one of those amazing moments in time that I will never forget. Seeing Chris standing up there with James made my heart swell at how much we care about these two, and I'm so excited for all that is to come for them in their future.

It was a humid day...but gorgeous, and despite tornado warnings in Queens (WHAT?!) they were able to beat the rain and the wind for everything! It all worked out for the best, and the rain didn't start until we were all tucked away at the reception.

Everything about the ceremony was beautiful. When we walked in we were given programs, a tissue pack for our "tears of joy," and a small thing of bubbles for their exit later on.
The ceremony started and we waited in anticipation for Maria as her bridesmaids and James's groomsmen walked down the aisle, as well as their Junior Bridesmaid, ring bearer and flower girl.

Then we finally got our first look at Maria, and she looked gorgeous! Her gown fit perfectly and showed off her amazing hourglass figure.

The ceremony was beautiful and Tommy and I took those gifts to the altar during mass like no other! (However, I don't like how I look in the pictures so you don't get to see them.)



The bridal party and their significant others then took a party bus out to to the reception! 

James had these on the bottom of his shoe
Maria's shoes said "I do" on the bottom, I love these!!

We headed over in the party bus to the beautiful Bayard Cutting Arboretum in Great River for the Bridal Party to get some pictures before the reception.
 
 


Next up: Time for Cocktail Hour and the Reception!

4 comments:

K said...

OMG I LOVE those bridesmaid dresses!!!

HiLLjO said...

I like them too!

Mom said...

I said it before and I'll say it again, Maria looks like a sexy movie star in her gown! And I love how striking the flowers look agains the bridesmaids' gowns.

eliz said...

Stunning bride...and beautiful bridal party..all the dresses are amazing!