Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wedding Recap: The Rehearsal

**
Finally onto our rehearsal!! The day before our wedding on May 20th, we had the rehearsal at our church. I want to give a special thanks to Kyle for taking all these pictures during the rehearsal!

As I already wrote, me and the ladies had some nice afternoon Mani/pedis with a side of Champagne near my house. Afterward, we went back to my place and had just enough time to quickly change and head over to the church for our 7:00pm rehearsal. We were greeted by all our closest friends and their significant others at the church.

We first talked with Father Dulaney and walked through a bit of the ceremony.

Surveying the scene with Sister

After we went over some things, it was time to start our full on rehearsal and I lined up our bridal party. Remember the tissue paper flowers I made in this post? Well, I did take what many of you suggested and made little bouquets for my bridesmaids to carry down the aisle for the rehearsal.
Matt and Molly
Chris and Cassie

Mike and Mal

Billy and Mandy (yea..Billy's a jokester!)

James and Smith
MOH Melissa!

I love this picture of all the girls holding their tissue paper flower bouquets. I used these again the next day for decor at the house.

Here's me with my awesome tissue paper bouquet that bridesmaid Cassie made for me at my Bridal Shower

Then it was my turn to walk down the aisle with both Dad AND Mom!
We listened to the readers to their thang:
Kerry reading

Ben Reading

The boys were very serious:

I love this picture: Me looking wistfully into the church, Chris looking at me, and his brother smugly looking at us in the background.


The rehearsal continues...do you? do you? Then this, then that...yadda yadda...something funny happened here...


Our parents watching from their seats in the church
I think I look overwhelmed and worried in all of these pictures!

And we're done!
Kiss Kiss!
After the rehearsal we hung around for a bit all catching up, talking to Father Dulaney and making sure everything was set before we headed off to our rehearsal dinner!!
Mandy and Billy
With Benjamin

Mark, Cassie, Molly and Mandy

Matt and Lauren

Walking into the church after scoping out some picture locations

Mingling, mingling

My father-in-law talking to the priest - turns out, they
actually grew up in the same neighborhood and know a lot of the same people!
Next up: Rehearsal Dinner and wedding party gifts!!

10 comments:

Mom said...

This is fun reliving this. I like the pic of me and dad sitting at our seats in the church. If you notice my feet are blurry. That's because I was swinging them back and forth because they didn't touch the floor. Too funny.

K said...

I can't even begin to imagine the nerves you must have been feeling! The pictures look great though!

Heather said...

How awesome that you got to run through the entire thing like that! Our priest didn't even attend the rehearsal, which I still to this day think is completely ridiculous, especially since he mad a couple mistakes.

Megan said...

The church is beautiful! I think the rehearsal is one of the things that I am dreading the most and only because I don't want to get all emotional, haha! I hate crying in front of people! Love the pictures and I love the makeshift bouquets!

Mindy said...

I looove the tissue paper bouquets! So cute!

Unknown said...

How cute are the tissue bouquets!! :)

HiLLjO said...

Totally wore white to rehearsal too.
You have so many good pics to document!

eliz said...

I always thought rehearsals were boring and what not..this looks fun!!

Tiff For Tat said...

What great pics! Looks like you had such a fun wedding party!! :) I hope people will focus at ours and pay attention and are not gabbing the whole time! hehe.

Cathy said...

Aww love these pics, you look like how I felt, thoughtful and concentrating.